* All competitors must abide by the rules of the road. This event takes place on ‘Live’ public roads and shared cycle paths. There are no closed roads. Exercise caution.
* Race marshals are there for your safety, you must comply with their directions.
* Do not litter. The route is situated within the Cairngorm National Park; please treat the area with respect. Take all litter away with you or ensure it is placed in the bins provided.
* During the event, in the case of a true emergency or serious incident you will call 999. Then please ensure a member of the event staff is aware of your situation.
* With all incidents, including minor, you should immediately ask if assistance is needed and go to the aid of anyone who appears to need assistance. Again please ensure a member of the event staff is aware of the situation.
* Registration for the event will take place on the evening of Saturday the 8th July 2017 from 18:00 – 19:00hrs and on Sunday the 9th July from 08:15 – 09:00hrs, at the Highland Folk Museum, Newtonmore. There will be a limited number of places available for on the day entry for new entrants but they will be on a strictly first come, first served basis.
* If you cannot complete the event, you must inform a member of the events team before leaving.
* Please only cross fences or rivers at designated areas as directed.
* Please ensure you complete the details of persons to contact in an emergency.
* Competitors will only be able to retrieve their bicycle from the secure storage area at the finish if they have their race number and it corresponds with the bicycle number.
* It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that the bib number, bike number and bag number are secured to the relevant objects and displayed throughout the event.
* For your safety, I pods/ headphones are not allowed.
* Any infringements of the listed rules above could result you being removed from the race with no refund.
* Finally... no fighting between Jacobite’s and Red Coats!!! Save your energy for the event!
Thank you for taking part and we look forward to welcoming you back next year!